New Hope Parish Announcements
April 26, 2020
- To pull up Sunday Worship Services, go to nhparish.org, and click the button that says, “New Hope Parish Sunday Services YouTube Channel”.
- All Sundays, from 10:00–11:00 am, and Thursdays, from 2:00-3:00 pm, please come join us online as we fellowship in a different way. Even though we need to stay in our homes during these times, we need not stay out of touch with each other. So, drop in and say hi! Looking forward to seeing you. Join the Zoom Fellowship Meetings at: https://zoom.us/j/228462040 ID #228462040 OR go to the nhparish.org, go the calendar and you will see the link. If you do not have a computer, you can call 1-888-826-5155 to join as well. The ID is the same.
- Sunday, April 26th 4:00 pm Bible Study on Zoom: at 4:00 pm, Phillip Yancey’s “What’s So Amazing About Grace” bible study. It will be for 10 weeks. Here is the Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/9291402896?pwd=ejY1TGs5U1pkWE5EdFRyTy9hT1J4Zz09
- Pastor Paul is available at 913-259-4235 if you need to talk or if you have a prayer concern.
- Puppet Children’s Message available: nhparish.org then click on NHP Kids TV.
- At this time, all future person to person gatherings are currently on hold.
- You can currently mail your offering to the church. For Paola: Options for on-line payment can be located at fpcpaola.org then go to Donations and follow the instructions. For Osawatomie: contact the church office to set up an automatic payment. For Miami: There is not an option for on-line giving at this time.
- The Paola Thrift Shop is CLOSED until further notice. Also, no donations are being accepted at this time.
- Until further notice, all care center facilities’ Sunday worship service will be cancelled.
- The May 9th potluck/game night is cancelled due to the COVID-19. Hopefully, the July event will be held.
- Cinda Atwater said Tri-Ko Inc. in Osawatomie needs masks. If you know how to sew and want to help, please contact First Presbyterian in Osawatomie, 913-755-3964
- The Food Pantry in Osawatomie open on Wednesdays from 11:30-12:30. They are opening the Food Pantry up to Louisburg and Paola during this COVID-19 pandemic. But everyone MUST provide a photo ID (ie driver’s license) and a statement(electric bill, gas bill, water bill) that shows your current address. They are in need of monetary donations as well. Make check out to Osawatomie Food Pantry.
- PACA: All food is welcomed during this unprecedented time. Macaroni and cheese is especially needed, can evaporated milk, complete pancake mix and also the 5.5 oz complete pancake mix packages, pancake syrup, instant oatmeal, jelly, cereal, cookies bag mix. DO NOT DROP OFF AT THE NORTH DOOR OF CHURCH. PLEASE CALL THE CHURCH OFFICE, LEAVE A MESSAGE, AND SOMEONE WILL GET BACK TO YOU TO DISCUSS A DELIVERY TIME. Or, a check can made out to PACA Food Pantry and sent to the FPC church office.
New Hope Parish Prayer Requests
Harold Barnett (healing and strength) and Colleen
Mike Cox (Diana Cox’s husband and Angie Pennock’s stepfather)
Margaret and Elizabeth Davidson
LuAnne Debrick (healing)
Venie Elliott(healing and discernment)
Colleen Ewan (healing)
Jack Floyd and his daughter (healing and discernment)
Joe Fox (comfort)
Evelyn Gabbert (healing)
Meng Her (friend of Pastor Paul) (intestinal problems)
Liz Redd (healing)
Marsha Ratkovic (Pat Barnett’s sister) breast cancer metastasized
Verla Thomas (healing)
Betty Ventura (healing)
Suzie Wilcox (ALS)
Mark Young (LuAnne Debrick’s grandson) pancreatic cancer
Paula Weir (for healing) and Bob Weir (comfort and discernment)
Community Prayer Requests
Connie Attebery, friend of Bonnie Wallace
Sharon Davey (health issues) (Grady Atwater)
Kenny Darner, prayers for healing, brother-in-law to Evelyn Gabbert
Roxanne Egidy – Brain injury, Marylu Egidy’s niece
Joe Fickel prayers for comfort
Ron and Sandy Galvin prayers for healing and discernment
Debbie Oberheide, friend of Dee Anne Mendel
Billy Patterson, Prayers for comfort and healing
Robert Sawin -Cancer – Judy Windler’s father
Shelly, friend of Max and Carolyn Servais, has cancer
Rev. John Wastlund(Osawatomie Wesleyan Church) sister Tammie has COVID-19 in NY and is not doing well.
Chet Barnett (grandson of the Barnett’s)
Men and women who are now serving or have served in the past.
All those affected by this virus, including all healthcare workers,
first responders, and scientists.
Family and friend of Erin Weir
Family and friends of Joyce Maxwell
First Presbyterian Church, St. Joseph, MO
Maxwell Heights Presbyterian Church, St. Joseph, MO
Maya Quiché Presbytery
Please pray for all the Honorably Retired, at-large members who are not currently serving churches, all Ministers serving in validated ministries, and support staff of the churches each week.
The sick, their caretakers, and the rest of us trying to stay safe, and sane, during this pandemic.